Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 18:06:11 +0200
From: Heiko Schlittermann <hs@...marc.schlittermann.de>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Exim4 MTA CVEs assigned from ZDI

Hello Exim users,

the ZDI assigned multiple CVEs to the Exim-MTA and published them
recently:

CVE            Link                                                      Exim-Bug
--------------+---------------------------------------------------------+-----
CVE-2023-42114 https://www.zerodayinitiative.com/advisories/ZDI-23-1468/  3001 fixed
CVE-2023-42115 https://www.zerodayinitiative.com/advisories/ZDI-23-1469/  2999 fixed
CVE-2023-42116 https://www.zerodayinitiative.com/advisories/ZDI-23-1470/  3000 fixed
CVE-2023-42117 https://www.zerodayinitiative.com/advisories/ZDI-23-1471/
CVE-2023-42118 https://www.zerodayinitiative.com/advisories/ZDI-23-1472/
CVE-2023-42119 https://www.zerodayinitiative.com/advisories/ZDI-23-1473/

The ZDI contacted us in June 2022. We asked about details but didn't get
answers we were able to work with.

Next contact with ZDI was in May 2023. Right after this contact we
created project bug tracker for 3 of the 6 issues. 2 high scored of them
are fixed (OOB access). A minor scored (info leak) is fixed too.

Fixes are available in a protected repository and are ready to be
applied by the distribution maintainers.

The remaining issues are debatable or miss information we need to fix
them.

We're more than happy to provide fixes for all issues as soon as we
receive detailed information.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (489 bytes)