Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 14:31:55 +0200
From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@...e.de>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Tamas Koczka <poprdi@...omium.org>
Subject: Re: Our learnings from 42 Linux kernel exploits, we
 are limiting io_uring

Hi,

https://yanglingxi1993.github.io/dirty_pagetable/dirty_pagetable.html

has been updated with exploit information.

I tried to backtrack through kernel git to find the exact commit where
this locking problem got fixed, but I gave up after a while after multiple
refactoring (and a filemove) in the io_uring codel.

Cia, Marcus

--
Marcus Meissner (he/him), Distinguished Engineer / Senior Project Manager Security
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Frankenstrasse 146, 90461 Nuernberg, Germany