Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:33:25 -0400
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@...meister.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: RCE in acme.sh < 3.0.6

Hi,

I don't think this has been raised here:

The acme.sh ACME client[1] prior to version 3.0.6[2] has
an RCE vulnerability allowing a hostile server to
execute arbitrary commands on the client[3].

I was unable to determine whether a CVE has been
requested for this issue; both the original discussion
and a second GitHub issue[4] have been inconclusively
closed for comments (I've reached out to the author).

The issue is also being discussed on Mozilla's
dev-security-policy[5].

-Jan

[1] https://github.com/acmesh-official/acme.sh
[2] https://github.com/acmesh-official/acme.sh/releases