Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2023 17:22:47 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Hangyu Hua <hbh25y@...il.com>
Subject: Re: Linux kernel: off-by-one in fl_set_geneve_opt

On Thu, Jun 08, 2023 at 10:57:33AM +0800, Hangyu Hua wrote:
> On 7/6/2023 18:41, Hangyu Hua wrote:
> >On 7/6/2023 11:32, Hangyu Hua wrote:
> >># EXP
> >>
> >>In order to avoid confusion i will publish it after I get CVE.
> >
> >Hi guys,
> >
> >I decide not to publish the exp for ethical reasons. Please email me if
> >any distribution's maintainers need the code.
>
> Since some maintainers have requested code from me, I sent the code to
> <linux-distros@...openwall.org>.

Given your previous intent "not to publish the exp for ethical reasons",
it's a surprising decision you made to share with all linux-distros when
only some asked, but that's fine as long as you understand and are going
to follow the list policy and make the now-mandatory posting of at least
the same code to oss-security within 7 days - so no later than next
Thursday, please.  Ideally, you'd pre-announce the date when you intend
to post the code.

Thanks,

Alexander