Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2023 08:25:36 +0200
From: Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.roux@...7arts.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com, Arnout Engelen <engelen@...che.org>,
        "security@...che.org" <security@...che.org>,
        "security@...iz.apache.org" <security@...iz.apache.org>
Subject: Re: CVE-2022-47501: Apache OFBiz: Arbitrary file
 reading vulnerability

Hi Seth,

As I guess you know, the ASF has many (350+) projects: https://projects.apache.org/
OFBiz is only one of these projects. An "old" one, IIRW it was the 26th to get in.

I say that because we have our own security team.
Yet, all projects are overseen and especially helped by the ASF security team for security matter.
In other words we (projects) all share the experience and expertise of the ASF security team.

So I must add that the ASF CVE tool has an optional REVIEW status.
This status allows the ASF security team to review and suggest improvements to the CVE announcement.
As I did not use this tool before this CVE, I was sure of what I did (my old way) and did not pass by this status.
If I had did so, the 2 points that you find "nice, and friendly" would have been amended by Arnout's review, lesson learned.

For the rest I guess your suggestions will be taken seriously by the ASF security team which maintain the CVE tool, especially for the OSS email part.
I'll also take care of your suggestions for URLS, and will better use the tool that has 16 references types for URLS. Though they maybe need a bit of
explanation we are not all security experts :)

For the list of CVEs you gave, I'm not sure they used the CVE tool but If they did I guess next time it will be better thanks to our improving CVE
tool, hopefully by using the REVIEW status

Thanks again for your suggestions

Jacques