Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 21:43:00 +0100
From: Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen@...oden.eu>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [patch] proc.5: tell how to parse
 /proc/*/stat correctly

Jeffrey Walton wrote in
 <CAH8yC8=p9a71AohbLtKGzb8d8yzBYyCADUJ1xthddQsyFbdSRA@...l.gmail.com>:
 |Using \0 as the delimiter would still require encoding of \0 when it
 |is present in the data.

But it is already used in some files like /proc/self/environ.
'Just thinking, it would be the (here optional) .nul suffix that
is new.  (It of course cannot happen in the C-style strings of
which all this is about.  For serialization of true non-humanized
binary data "as-is", yes.  I surely would go CBOR then.  Though
the libcbor that i track is a huge beast, it surely can be much
smaller than that.)

--steffen