Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 08:43:15 +0300
From: Georgi Guninski <gguninski@...il.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: sagemath denial of service with abort() in gmp:
 overflow in mpz type

On Tue, Sep 6, 2022 at 7:17 PM Russ Allbery <eagle@...ie.org> wrote:

> I would only call it a DoS if it crosses a privilege boundary.  A user can
> always DoS themselves; that's just Ctrl-C.  :)

Observe that ubuntu issue advisory about libgmp crash
without mentioning potential exploitability.

quote:
https://ubuntu.com/security/notices/USN-5672-1

Details

It was discovered that GMP did not properly manage memory
on 32-bit platforms when processing a specially crafted
input. An attacker could possibly use this issue to cause
applications using GMP to crash, resulting in a denial of
service.