Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 18:29:06 +0200
From: Peter Davies <peterd@....org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: ISC has disclosed two vulnerabilities in ISC DHCP (CVE-2022-2928,
 CVE-2022-2929)

On 5 October 2022 we (Internet Systems Consortium) disclosed two
vulnerabilities affecting our ISC DHCP software:

- CVE-2022-2928 An option refcount overflow exists in dhcpd
- CVE-2022-2929 DHCP memory leak

New versions of ISC DHCP are available from https://www.isc.org/downloads

Operators and package maintainers who prefer to apply patches
selectively can find individual vulnerability-specific patches in the
"patches" subdirectory of the release directories for our stable release
branches (4.4.3-P1 and 4.1-R16-P2):

- https://downloads.isc.org/isc/dhcp/4.4.3-P1/patches/
- https://downloads.isc.org/isc/dhcp/4.1-ESV-R16-P2/patches/

With the public announcement of these vulnerabilities, the embargo
period is ended and any updated software packages that have been
prepared may be released.

ISC Support
----