Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2022 18:20:11 +0300
From: Evgeny Legerov <admin@...ndisco.cc>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Exim 4.95 invalid free

Hi,

Here is another interesting code in Exim 4.96.

I really doubt that it is exploitable, but if someone manages to
reproduce at least ASAN crash, it would be great.

SPF_dns_exim_new(int debug)
{

memset(spf_dns_server, 0, sizeof(SPF_dns_server_t));
spf_dns_server->destroy      = NULL;
spf_dns_server->lookup       = SPF_dns_exim_lookup;
spf_dns_server->get_spf      = NULL;
spf_dns_server->get_exp      = NULL;
spf_dns_server->add_cache    = NULL;
spf_dns_server->layer_below  = NULL;
spf_dns_server->name         = "exim";
spf_dns_server->debug        = debug;

spf_nxdomain = SPF_dns_rr_new_init(spf_dns_server,
   "", ns_t_any, 24 * 60 * 60, HOST_NOT_FOUND);
if (!spf_nxdomain)
   {
   free(spf_dns_server);
   return NULL;
   }

if SPF_dns_rr_new_init() fails, spf_dns_server will be freed with free().

regards,

-e