Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 11:53:25 +0300
From: EGE BALCI <ege@...daft.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CVE-2022-29154: Rsync client-side arbitrary file write vulnerability.

Date reported           : July 25, 2022
CVE identifiers         : CVE-2022-29154.
Rsync client-side arbitrary file write vulnerability. (CVE-2022-29154)

https://github.com/WayneD/rsync/blob/85c56b2603d97c225889175797ffff6745a4d305/main.c#L1118
 >>> )

The vulnerability was addressed with the developer of the rsync project
and necessary patches are made. Related commit and details can be found
in the following links,
- https://download.samba.org/pub/rsync/NEWS
- https://download.samba.org/pub/rsync/rsync.1#MULTI-HOST_SECURITY
-
https://github.com/WayneD/rsync/commit/b7231c7d02cfb65d291af74ff66e7d8c507ee871

We recommend updating to the latest stable versions of rsync.

--
*Ege BALCI*
Threat Intelligence Team Lead

*PRODAFT Cyber Security Technologies INC.*
*CH:* Y-Parc, rue Galilée 7, 1400 Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland
*NL:* Wilhelmina van Pruisenweg 104, 2595 AN Den Haag, Netherlands
*E.:*ege[at]prodaft.com
*IN:*/egebalci

In case you think you’re not the designated recipient of the e-mail
hereby; please delete it accordingly. *This e-mail may have been sent
from a mobile device. Please contact me from my mobile, in case you
notice an error in the content. PS. Feel free to contact me via Signal,
Threema or Telegram; or ask for my public PGP key for high-profile cases
that may require higher confidentiality.

Content of type "text/html" skipped

Download attachment "OpenPGP_0xCDCA0F4B4445AA39.asc" of type "application/pgp-keys" (649 bytes)

Download attachment "OpenPGP_signature" of type "application/pgp-signature" (237 bytes)