Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 01:21:55 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: Norbert Slusarek <nslusarek@....net>
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com, peterz@...radead.org
Subject: Re: CVE-2022-1729: race condition in Linux perf subsystem leads to local privilege escalation

On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 12:20:44AM +0200, Norbert Slusarek wrote:
> Hello Alexander,
>
> >Since you shared actual exploit code on linux-distros, you're supposed
> >to also post that to oss-security within 7 days of your first posting
> >above, so by or on May 27. Do you intend to?
>
> I don't intend to share the exploit to the public, mainly because
> the issue was fixed only few days ago. Instead, anyone wanting to check
> his own system for the bug should resort to the attached PoC repro.
>
> >I realize this is one of the aspects that not everyone is happy about.
>
> Yes, you got that right.

Thank you for posting the repro.

What do you suggest we do regarding the LPE exploit you sent to
linux-distros?

What do you suggest we do with this policy aspect going forward, so that
people do not get into a situation where they're required to do
something they didn't want to subscribe to?

Alexander