Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 12:54:56 +0400
From: Archange <archange@...ivis.me>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com, Jan Lehnardt <jan@...che.org>
Subject: Re: CVE-2022-24706: Apache CouchDB: Remote Code
 Execution Vulnerability in Packaging

Hi,

Le 26/04/2022 à 12:44, Jan Lehnardt a écrit :
> […]
>
> In addition, all binary packages have been updated to bind `epmd` as
> well as the CouchDB distribution port to `127.0.0.1` and/or `::1`
> respectively.
>
> Credit:
>
> The Apache CouchDB Team would like to thank Alex Vandiver <alexmv@...ip.com> for the report of this issue.

> https://lists.apache.org/thread/w24wo0h8nlctfps65txvk0oc5hdcnv00

Regarding epmd, how is this achieved in the binary packages? Because on
Arch at least, setting `ERL_EPMD_ADDRESS=127.0.0.1` as stated in
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/issues/999#issuecomment-345068280 is
still required. Should Arch make that a default in the systemd service
file? For now this has just been a recommandation for single node
security since 2017
(https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/CouchDB#Single_node_setup_&_Security),
but I can make it the default (the second part of the wiki advice being
now an upstream default, I think it would make some sense).

Regards,
Bruno/Archange (Arch maintainer for CouchDB)