Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2021 23:27:37 +0200
From: Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@...il.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE-2021-42013: Path Traversal and Remote Code
 Execution in Apache HTTP Server 2.4.49 and 2.4.50 (incomplete fix of CVE-2021-41773)

On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 11:10 PM Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 08, 2021 at 08:37:33PM +0200, Yann Ylavic wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 8:53 AM Roman Medina-Heigl Hernandez
> > <roman@...labs.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I posted RCE exploit for this (it works for both CVEs: 41773 & 42013)
> > > and some other details regarding requirements / exploitability, which
> > > you may find useful at:
> > >
> > > https://twitter.com/roman_soft/status/1446252280597078024
> >
> > Thanks, that's fair analysis.
>
> Yann is probably referring to the full tweet thread by Roman, not just
> the one tweet that Roman posted in here.  Let me correct that:

Exactly, thanks Alexander and sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

For completeness I'll add this tweet/blog from Stefan (OP) about the
vulnerability and the fixes in httpd:
https://twitter.com/icing/status/1446504661448593408

Regards;
Yann.