Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 11:49:51 -0500
From: Tyler Hicks <code@...icks.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Pop!_OS Membership to linux-distros list

On 2021-08-04 09:59:02, Jeremy Soller wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2021, at 11:59 AM, Solar Designer wrote:
> > > 9. Have someone already on the private list, or at least someone else who has
> > > been active on oss-security for years but is not affiliated with your distro
> > > nor your organization, vouch for at least one of the people requesting
> > > membership on behalf of your distro (then that one vouched-for person will be
> > > able to vouch for others on your team, in case you'd like multiple people
> > > subscribed)
> > >
> > > I do not know if I have contacts that are already on the linux-distros list.
> >
> > It can also be "someone else who has been active on oss-security for
> > years but is not affiliated".  Anyone?
>
> I believe Tyler Hicks is willing to do this.

With the caveats that I mentioned in my earlier reply to the thread as
I'm not clear on what "vouch" means here.

In the past, I've vouched for people that I personally know and have
worked closely with.

I need to make it clear that this "vouch" for Jeremy doesn't meet that
bar. I've digitally crossed paths with Jeremy a few times and, based on
those interactions, can believe that he'd be doing security response
work for Pop!_OS. That's all I can say. I'd be a lot more comfortable if
someone could provide a stronger vouch.

Tyler