Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 11:25:57 -0900
From: Michael McNally <mcnally@....org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: "security-officer@....org" <security-officer@....org>
Subject: One BIND vulnerability (CVE-2020-8625) has been publicly disclosed

On February 17, 2021, Internet Systems Consortium has disclosed a
vulnerability in our BIND 9 software about which we previously
provided advance notice.

    CVE-2020-8625: A vulnerability in BIND's GSSAPI security policy
    negotiation can be targeted by a buffer overflow attack
    https://kb.isc.org/docs/cve-2020-8625

With the public announcement of this vulnerability, the embargo
period is ended and any updated software packages that have been
prepared may be released.

ISC's own releases containing fixes are:

    -  BIND 9.11.28
    -  BIND 9.16.12
    -  BIND 9.17.10

each of which can be downloaded via the ISC downloads page,
https://www.isc.org/downloads

For package maintainers who want *only* the fixes for the
CVE vulnerabilities, patch diffs are available for each branch
in the "patches" subdirectory of the branch's February 2021
maintenance release, e.g.:

   9.11 branch:  https://downloads.isc.org/isc/bind9/9.11.28/patches
   9.16 branch:  https://downloads.isc.org/isc/bind9/9.16.12/patches
   9.17 branch:  no patch necessary for versions >= 9.17.2

Sincerely,

Michael McNally
ISC Security Officer