Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2021 10:48:30 -0800
From: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@...n.com>
To: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>, <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Gentoo's "contributing back" linux-distros tasks

Anthony Liguori <aliguori@...n.com> writes:

> Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> writes:
>
>> 13. Keep track of per-report and per-issue handling and disclosure
>> timelines (at least times of notification of the private list and of
>> actual public disclosure), at regular intervals produce and share
>> statistics (most notably, the average embargo duration) as well as the
>> raw data (except on issues that are still under embargo) by posting to
>> oss-security - primary: Gentoo, backup: Amazon
>>
>> and we saw some contributions from Gentoo on these, most notable being
>> their work on the statistics (task 13 above):

>> Unfortunately, the last update of these statistics ("Last modified:
>> 2019/10/15 01:52 by kristianf") is also when the contributions ceased.

As part of planning on getting this going again, I want to just review
the cadence and update duration.

I think this is easiest to do on the 15th of every month for the
previous month.  As example, on 2/15, we would post the statistics for
February.  Since the maximum embargo duration is 2-weeks, this would not
disclose any embargoed information.

Does this seem reasonable?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori