Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 18:49:20 +0100
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@...too.org>
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Gentoo's "contributing back" linux-distros tasks

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 10:09:18PM +0100, Thomas Deutschmann wrote:
> On 2021-01-10 19:44, Solar Designer wrote:
> >Gentoo, please let us all know whether you'd like to stay primary for
> >these tasks, be moved to backup, or something else?
>
> I think we will be able to act as backup.

If possible, please stay or become primary for at least one task.  We've
been asking the same from newly joining distros lately.

> We will need to figure out a workflow to ensure we notice when we are on
> call but I am sure we will find a way. I'll contact Anthony directly for
> the details.

Great to know you're coordinating with Anthony (Amazon), but a meaning
of backup is that you'd also need to take over when the primary fails to
handle a task without notifying you first.

Alexander