Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 15:02:33 +0300
From: Georgi Guninski <gguninski@...il.com>
To: "oss-security@...ts.openwall.com" <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: major changes if gnu/linux dominates the desktop and/or mobile market?

Disclaimer: I am not watching the security theatre closely,
so this is likely trivial.

Are there major security changes needed if
gnu/linux dominates the desktop and/or mobile phone
markets?

Remarks:
1. there was android malware on google play
2. ad-free and free as in beer android games are hard to find for us
3. we are pissed off by browsers accessing the microphone
or camera (seen in the wild)
4. reading $HOME might reveal more interesting stuff than
root reading /etc/ (on debian 10 /home/loser is 755 and the
default umask is 0022)