Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2020 16:51:01 -0400
From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@...rmont.com>
To: Pramod Rana <varchashva@...il.com>
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Open Source Tool | vPrioritization | Risk
 Prioritization Framework

On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:18:34 +0530 Pramod Rana <varchashva@...il.com>
wrote:
> Appreciate your comments.
>
> My two cents - Patch everything is far from reality to most (read
> all) organizations

"All" is clearly false; I know many organizations that patch
all their hardware fast, and a few that do it essentially within
hours (unless CI tests for the patched infra fail). I don't have good
statistics, but the existence of some organizations of significant
size capable of patching everything leads me to believe the obstacle
isn't whether it's possible.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@...rmont.com