Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2020 17:33:20 +0800
From: Zhang Xiao <xiao.zhang@...driver.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: xiao.zhang@...driver.com, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
Subject: Contributing Back

Hi All,

I am an engineer of WindRiver. Thanks for Alexander's remind about the distribution and we would like to "backup" the first item of the administrative list:

1. Promptly review new issue reports for meeting the list's requirements and confirm receipt of the report and, when necessary, inform the reporter of any issues with their report (e.g., obviously not actionable by the distros) and request and/or propose any required yet missing information (most notably, a tentative public disclosure date/time) /- primary: Oracle, backup: vacant /
Please let me know how we get started helping out.

And, I have another point want to discuss. As we know, sometimes, the CVE and NVD website don't upgrade their web page timely. For example:

the security maillist had an encrypted mail called "curl: overwrite local file with -J" in 20200617. It was a "pre-notification about a security advisory about to ship next week in sync with our next curl release", for CVE-2020-8177. On curl's git tree, that very bug did been fixed and released in 20200621:
https://github.com/curl/curl/commit/8236aba5854

But, till now, both cve.mitre.org and nvd.nist.gov still mark this CVE as "RESERVED":
https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2020-8177
https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2020-8177

So I wonder if that is also an contribution to remind them, if so, any advises to make it? And If it ca be defined as an contribution, we can take it. :-)

Thanks
Xiao

Content of type "text/html" skipped

Download attachment "pEpkey.asc" of type "application/pgp-keys" (2461 bytes)