Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 13:31:43 -0600
From: Taylor Blau <ttaylorr@...hub.com>
To: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE-2020-5260: Git: malicious URLs may cause Git to present
 stored credentials to the wrong server

Hi all,

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 08:59:44PM +0200, Solar Designer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Taylor Blau brought this to the distros list a week ago (thanks!), but
> unfortunately failed to follow the distros list policy (despite of being
> specifically informed of that requirement by distros list members,
> twice) to post the information to oss-security on the public disclosure
> date/time.  So as list admin, after a delay of more than a day, I am
> taking over and do this (being unhappy that I have to do it for others).

My sincerest apologies for not sending this to oss-security in the
appropriate time. We (the git-security) list had discussed that I would
do so, and clearly it had slipped my mind.

The remainder of Alexander's guidance is correct from our perspective.
I'll make sure to avoid this mishap in the future by remembering to
email this list more promptly. Thanks, and sorry again.

> Quoting Taylor's original notification to distros:
>
> [snip]

Thanks,
Taylor