Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 12:52:41 -0800
From: Kees Cook <kees@...ntu.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Jorge Lucangeli Obes <jorgelo@...gle.com>,
        Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
Subject: linux-distros membership adjustment/vouching

Hello!

I've been a member of linux-distros for a long while, and my hat has
slowly changed over that time. I'm subscribed there (and here) as
kees@...ntu.com.  When I my responsibilities shifted from the Ubuntu
Security Team to the Chrome OS Security Team, I just kept the email
address (since it's a community address and I'm still part of the Ubuntu
community).

However, as my responsibilities have shifted, I'm much less involved
with the Chrome OS Security Team, and it was recently pointed out that
no one else from the Chrome OS Security Team is (to our knowledge)
a member right now.

So, attempting to solve things in a backwards order, I'd like to first
vouch for a Chrome OS Security Team member who is already on oss-security,
with the goal of having them added to the linux-distros list:

    Jorge Lucangeli Obes <jorgelo@...gle.com>

Then I'd like to figure out what to do with my own membership. I'm
still associated with Ubuntu, Chrome OS, and Android but I don't have
"official" responsibilities as a representative of their respective
security teams. I am, however, an upstream Linux kernel security contact
(but that doesn't qualify as a "Unix-like operating system distro", from
item "1" in the membership criteria[1]). I am still involved in fixing,
notifying, negotiating, delegating, etc, in these various distros. Should
I stay on linux-distros? I would prefer to (it makes that work simpler),
but since there isn't any "criteria for continuing membership" on the
Wiki, I'm not entirely sure what the right course of action should be.
(And if I stay, perhaps it would be more accurate to use kees@...nel.org?)

Thoughts? Thanks!

-Kees

Kees Cook