Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 19:43:39 +0000
From: Jeremy Stanley <fungi@...goth.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Mitigating malicious packages in gnu/linux

On 2019-11-20 13:28:04 -0600 (-0600), Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
[...]
> Modern GNU/Linux systems have far too much executing code to
> reasonably secure. Paring down the amount of executing code helps
> quite a lot with improving security.

In your opinion, how does this compare with proprietary operating
systems? Do they have more or less code executed than modern
GNU/Linux systems (or can we even know)? How about the popular BSD
Unix derivatives? What is your benchmark for the correct amount of
code to be executed, or is this analysis based on comparison with an
abstract ideal operating system archetype?
--
Jeremy Stanley

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (964 bytes)