Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 14:57:34 -0400
From: Thomas Ward <teward@...mas-ward.net>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com, Alyssa Ross <hi@...ssa.is>,
 Hanno Böck <hanno@...eck.de>
Subject: Re: OpenDMARC buffer overflows

On 9/17/19 2:20 PM, Alyssa Ross wrote:
> Hanno Böck <hanno@...eck.de> writes:
>
>> In light of the recent OpenDMARC issue I had a look at their Github PR
>> tracker. This one
>> https://github.com/trusteddomainproject/OpenDMARC/pull/45
>> caught my attention.
> So a signature bypass, a buffer overflow, and no activity in years
> despite vulnerabilities having been reported months ago?
>
> Certainly doesn't look like software that people should be relying on
> for security...

... which is why I think distros are distro-patching it, like Scott
Kitterman is doing for Debian.

I have a host of other detections in line with OpenDMARC for detecting
invalid message structure, though, but it's definitely concerning to see
something like this - one of the few DMARC checkers that actually exists
in the OSS world - to be so behind from a Security perspective...