Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2019 12:04:07 +0300
From: Georgi Guninski <gguninski@...il.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: linux-distros membership application - Microsoft

On Sat, Jul 6, 2019 at 10:40 PM Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Per our current policy and precedents, I see no valid reasons not to
> subscribe Microsoft (or part(s) of it, see below) to linux-distros.  So
> I intend to figure out some detail and proceed with the subscription.
>

> > Microsoft's history with Linux is a rather recent one. I can offer the

No, it is not recent. The Halloween Documents are from 1998,
which makes 21 years.

> > following examples if you're willing to give us a few months off of the
> > "1 year" requirement:

LOL.

> >  I suppose we could either give Microsoft this 1 month
> off as you suggest based on Microsoft's track record of promptly dealing
> with security issues in non-Linux products, or subscribe Microsoft to
> linux-distros in August 2019 (or later).

Are you suggesting breaking the rules and giving microsoft
a present of one month? As a long time gnu/linux user and
linux kernel bug killer [1] I am disappointed by this.

What mailing list is best to discuss microsoft's involvement in
GPL? (last time I checked LKLM was extremely high traffic)

[1]: http://www.guninski.com/misc.html