Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 20:09:34 +1100
From: Aleksa Sarai <asarai@...e.de>
To: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden@...il.com>
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>,
	Aleksa Sarai <cyphar@...har.com>, dev@...ncontainers.org,
	Christian Brauner <christian.brauner@...ntu.com>
Subject: Re: CVE-2019-5736: runc container breakout (all
 versions)

On 2019-02-13, Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden@...il.com> wrote:
> I think that someone already posted a PoC on github, AFAIK.

Yes, there is a PoC that someone outside of the embargo posted on
GitHub (it is quite different to the one we have but it is using a
related issue which our patch also fixed). At this point I might as well
post the actual exploit code (given that the original vulnerability
authors have published a blog post that basically outlines the
exploit[1]).

[1]: https://blog.dragonsector.pl/2019/02/cve-2019-5736-escape-from-docker-and.html

--
Aleksa Sarai
Senior Software Engineer (Containers)

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (834 bytes)