Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 11:32:10 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: Michael McNally <mcnally@....org>
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: ISC has issued new patch releases of BIND

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 03:16:25PM -0800, Michael McNally wrote:
> Details on the security vulnerability and the two operational
> notifications can be found via the following links:
>
>    https://kb.isc.org/docs/cve-2018-5741

Per oss-security list content guidelines, actual vulnerability detail
must be included in postings (message body or text/plain attachment).

I've attached a text export of the above web page to this message.
(I did not bother doing the same for the operational notifications.)

Michael, I'd appreciate it if you start including such detail in your
oss-security postings.  Including the links as well is great (such as
for easy access to updated revisions while the links work); including
only links is discouraged.

Thanks,

Alexander

View attachment "CVE-2018-5741_BIND_Update_policies_krb5-subdomain_and_ms-subdomain.txt" of type "text/plain" (7563 bytes)