Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 23:29:27 +0200
From: Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...lounge.net>
To: "Kevin A. McGrail" <kmcgrail@...che.org>
 Spamassassin Devel List <dev@...massassin.apache.org>,
 announce@...massassin.apache.org, announce@...che.org,
 security@...massassin.apache.org, oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [SECURITY] Apache SpamAssassin 3.4.2 resolves CVE-2017-15705,
 CVE-2016-1238, CVE-2018-11780 & CVE-2018-11781

Am 16.09.18 um 23:11 schrieb Kevin A. McGrail:
> Per the asf security team, mitre considers the public rc1 from a few
> days ago as the start of the clock for the publishing so we were already
> way past the 24 hour windiw.

again: i doubt that distributions push updates *NOW* because most
maintainers are not ware of the release nor do the expecit it at all
given how long we hear about 3.4.2 with no other official bugfix
releases for years

bad guys typically watch better than anyone else