Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2018 21:34:48 +0000
From: Stiepan <stie@...tonmail.ch>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Linux TCP implementation vulnerable to Denial of Service (CVE 2018-5390)

Regarding your last question and this comment, I think that funding would help getting more issues fixed more quickly, independently of particular club member interests. That would match the level of general, or public interest in the broadest definition of the term, Linux has come to attain... Hence my suggestion to the ITU to get involved into that. They have some level of representativeness and thus, legitimity, that, however imperfect, is hard to attain by any "certain kind of selective disclosure". And they charge membership fees that could for sure improve the status quo.

Best,
Stiepan A. Kovac
President
itk AVtobvS SARL