Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2017 13:58:33 +0100
From: up201407890@...nos.dcc.fc.up.pt
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com, up201407890@...nos.dcc.fc.up.pt
Subject: Re: Re: CVE-2017-5123 Linux kernel v4.13 waitid()
	not calling access_ok()

Hello again list,

Here's a video on how I bypassed KASLR and got root using only
CVE-2017-5123, a non-controlled arbitrary write (though 0's are
written), without a single read.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfwOJIcV5ZA

"This exploit uses solely CVE-2017-5123, a Linux kernel vulnerability
for 4.12-4.13, which gives an attacker a write-not-what-only-where
primitive, or in other words, the ability to write non-controlled user
data to arbitrary kernel memory.
KASLR is bypassed using memory probing and root obtained via cred
struct spraying and location predictability.

twitter.com/uid1000

Music is from Sonic the Hedgehog (1991) for the Sega Genesis."

I may write a more detailed write-up if people seem interested. :)

Thanks,
Federico Bento.