Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 02:27:58 +0000
From: Sven Dowideit <sven@...cher.com>
To: "oss-security@...ts.openwall.com" <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: CoreOS membership to linux-distros

I'm also curious to know where the lines are.

I'm responsible for RancherOS, and think that both I, and my users would prefer that I had access to the embargoed information earlier, so preparing a response would have been less of a rush.

One of the things that would have made my last week less worrying, is to have some access to exploit code - so as to verify the changes actually had a useful effect.

RancherOS is a container oriented micro-linux distro with uptake in hybrid and on-premis clouds

We have the beginnings of an advisory page at http://rancher.com/docs/os/security/

And are happy to comply with embargos.

Also - keep up the awesome work - its impressive!