Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 16:11:32 +0100
From: Agostino Sarubbo <ago@...too.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: podofo: signed integer overflow in PdfParser.cpp

podofo is a C++ library to work with the PDF file format.

A fuzz on it with the UBSAN discovered a signed integer overflow. The upstream
project denies me to open a new ticket. So, I’m unable to communicate with
them.

The complete UBSan output:

# podofopdfinfo $FILE
/tmp/portage/app-
text/podofo-0.9.4/work/podofo-0.9.4/src/base/PdfParser.cpp:757:23: runtime
error: signed integer overflow: 9223372036854775807 + 9 cannot be represented
in type 'long'

Affected version:
0.9.4

Fixed version:
N/A

Commit fix:
N/A

Credit:
This bug was discovered by Agostino Sarubbo of Gentoo.

CVE:
N/A

Reproducer:
https://github.com/asarubbo/poc/blob/master/00144-podofo-signintoverflow-PdfParser

Timeline:
2017-01-05: bug discovered
2017-02-01: blog post about the issue

Note:
This bug was found with American Fuzzy Lop.

https://blogs.gentoo.org/ago/2017/02/01/podofo-signed-integer-overflow-in-pdfparser-cpp

--
Agostino Sarubbo
Gentoo Linux Developer