Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 01:04:52 -0200
From: Dawid Golunski <dawid@...alhackers.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: PHPMailer < 5.2.20 Remote Code Execution PoC 0day
 Exploit (CVE-2016-10045) (Bypass of the CVE-2016-1033 patch)

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 2:58 PM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 03:03:39AM -0200, Dawid Golunski wrote:
>> This was reported responsibly to the vendor & assigned a CVEID on the
>> 26th of December.
>> The vendor has been working on a new patch which would fix the problem but
>> not break the RFC too badly. The patch should be published very soon.
>>
>> I'm releasing this as a 0day without the new patch available publicly
>> as a potential bypass was publicly discussed on oss-sec with Solar
>> Designer in the PHPMailer < 5.2.18 thread, so holding the advisory
>> further would serve no purpose.
>
> Yeah.  I did think for a moment before posting in here yesterday, but
> for a number of reasons chose to go ahead with the public discussion.
>
> Alexander

Hi Alexander,

No worries,  good that the patch came in quick so it wasn't too bad I guess.
Got a bunch of critical comments but most of them are pretty funny
anyway ;) E.g.

https://twitter.com/dawid_golunski/status/814253540503908356

;D

Good work on sensing trouble in that bit of code too though.

--
Regards,
Dawid Golunski