Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 19:57:11 +0100
From: Sona Sarmadi <sona.sarmadi@...a.com>
To: <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: vulnerable version: 4.8.12 and previous versions
 but xml file says: cpe:/o:linux:linux_kernel:4.8.12"/>

On 2016-12-14 15:26, Kurt Seifried wrote:
> Why are you complaining about a nist.gov website/data on an opensource
> security mailing list/to MITRE? (hint: we can't fix it and neither can
> MITRE) Please contact NIST.

Thanks for being so helpful.

I was just trying to see of there are other people out there who also
think this is a problem. This list seemed like a place where I could
find such people.
Perhaps someone knows a work around, perhaps some post-processing tool.
If none exists, I guess we have to try to fix the problem at the source
or use another CVE databse.

Cheers
//Sona