Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 08:48:35 -0500
From: Brad Spengler <spender@...ecurity.net>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: CVE-2016-8655 Linux af_packet.c race
 condition (local root)

4.8.12 doesn't have the fix included, despite being released on the same
day the commit was merged into net/ and despite the advance notice in
private via security@...nel.org.  It's currently in the net/ "stable" queue
which operates seperately from the rest of the kernel.  It'll be merged
whenever that process plays itself out.

-Brad

On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 02:15:15PM +0100, Hanno B??ck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running kernel 4.8.12, which has the fix you pointed out included,
> however:
>
> > You can also run it with "crash" as the first argument to force a
> > panic.
>
> running your code with the "crash" parameter reliably panics this
> kernel.
> This doesn't seem right. Is this an incomplete or nonworking fix?
>
> --
> Hanno B??ck
> https://hboeck.de/
>
> mail/jabber: hanno@...eck.de
> GPG: FE73757FA60E4E21B937579FA5880072BBB51E42

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (837 bytes)