Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 02:05:11 -0300
From: Dawid Golunski <dawid@...alhackers.com>
Cc: fulldisclosure@...lists.org, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com,
	bugs@...uritytracker.com, oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CVE-2016-1240 - Tomcat packaging on Debian-based distros - Local Root
 Privilege Escalation

I added a simple PoC video for the CVE-2016-1240 vulnerability.

In the PoC I used Ubuntu 16.04 with the latest tomcat7 package
(version: 7.0.68-ubuntu-0.1) installed from the default ubuntu repos
which appears vulnerable still.

The video poc can be found at:

http://legalhackers.com/videos/Apache-Tomcat-DebPkg-Root-PrivEsc-Exploit.html

--