Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2016 10:43:18 -0500 (CDT)
From: Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen@...ple.dallas.tx.us>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: GraphicsMagick CVE request: 8BIM/8BIMW unsigned underflow leads to
 heap overflow

Today we received a report from Marco Grassi about a heap overflow in
the 8BIM reader.  8BIM is a metadata chunk often attached to JPEG
files.

After investigation it was found that there was a small unsigned
overflow leading to a huge size value, which then resulted in a heap
overflow (causing a crash).

We believe that this issue exists in all GraphicsMagick releases to
date (including 1.3.25).

The fix to this may be found in GraphicsMagick Mercurial at
"https://sourceforge.net/p/graphicsmagick/code/ci/5c7b6d6094a25e99c57f8b18343914ebfd8213ef/".

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn