Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 16:16:45 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: Werner Koch <wk@...pg.org>
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: memory issues in libksba 1.3.4 and git

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 02:56:20PM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 13:15, solar@...nwall.com said:
> > Werner, maybe you could try this old workaround for next time you post? -
> >
> >   (setq mml-insert-mime-headers-always t)
>
> Done.  Thanks for pointing me to this setting; for reference this is:
>
>   If non-nil, always put Content-Type: text/plain at top of empty parts.
>   It is necessary to work against a bug in certain clients.

Thanks.  This appears to have made no effect, and thus didn't work
around whatever ezmlm-idx bug(?) your messages are triggering here.
Your messages are missing the Content-Type header for MIME parts that
are not empty, so this does not literally fit the description above.

Anyway, it's not a topic for oss-security.  I am merely noting that this
is something I need to investigate and fix... eventually.

Alexander