Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 11:49:28 +0200
From: Bálint Réczey <balint@...intreczey.hu>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm@...ssion.com>,
	Shadow package maintainers <pkg-shadow-devel@...ts.alioth.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Re: [Pkg-shadow-devel] subuid security patches for
 shadow package

Hi,

While this is not immediately clear from the Shadow homepage the
development continued on GitHub where I have opened two issues
for the two potential security problems:

Incorrect integer handling CVE-2016-6252:
https://github.com/shadow-maint/shadow/issues/27

Potentially unsafe use of getlogin CVE-2016-6251:
https://github.com/shadow-maint/shadow/issues/28

Probably upstream's issue tracker would be the best place
to discuss the fixes in detail. With upstream development
happening on GitHub the pkg-shadow-devel list could host
mostly Debian-packaging releated discussions and probably
not all oss-security subscribers would like to get all the
messages.

Cheers,
Balint