Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2016 11:57:33 -0500
From: Larry Cashdollar <larry0@...com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Art Manion <amanion@...t.org>, Kurt Seifried <kseifried@...hat.com>,
 cve-editorial-board-list <cve-editorial-board-list@...ts.mitre.org>
Subject: Re: RE: Concerns about CVE coverage shrinking - direct
 impact to researchers/companies

I've been using this https://github.com/distributedweaknessfiling/CNA-Registry or asking RedHat for open source CVEs.

On Mar 4, 2016, at 9:09 PM, mark@...phey.com wrote:

Long time listener, first time caller.....

I stated OWASP.org in 2002. I am happy to put some skin in the game and setup a 503c with the right open-source governance structure (read: for the right reasons) and financially bootstrap (build a site and pay for one dedicated full time employee for at least the first year) to get this off the ground. Not what will be needed long term but enough to  start the journey .....

Experience with OWASP was you need a few "mavens" so Kurt, Hanno and others would need to step up and be on a 'founders board' to make it successful etc but ..

If that's of interest let me know, if not someone needs to do it....too important not to.

Sent from my iPhone