Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 17:23:42 -0500 (EST)
From: cve-assign@...re.org
To: sandeepk.l337@...il.com
Cc: cve-assign@...re.org, oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Umbraco - The open source ASP.NET CMS Multiple Vulnerabilities

> http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-7457
> SSRF

> the feedproxy.aspx is used to access the external resources using
> the URL GET parameter.

> http://local/Umbraco/feedproxy.aspx?url=http://bobsite/index
>
> once you change the URL to the
> http://local/Umbraco/feedproxy.aspx?url=http://127.0.0.1:80/index, you able
> to access the localhost application of the server.
>
> Using this payload change the port number to perform port scanning of the
> server. It will be helpful to find the more details of the server.
> For example:
>
> http://local/Umbraco/feedproxy.aspx?url=http://127.0.0.1:25/index
> http://local/Umbraco/feedproxy.aspx?url=http://127.0.0.1:8080/index
>
> If the port number is closed, you will find the error message on the
> feedproxy.aspx page.

Use CVE-2015-8813.

> http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-7459
> https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/commit/18c3345e47663a358a042652e697b988d6a380eb
>
> enabled sensitive actions, such as editing a user account information was
> vulnerable to CSRF vulnerability.
> The vulnerable code in templates.asmx.cs on the line number 75, it is
> executing save operation without verifying the actual CSRF token.
> In the file SetAngularAntiForgeryTokensAttributes.cs, on line number 25,
> function allowing empty CSRF value, the CSRF vulnerability is triggering.

Use CVE-2015-8814.

> http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-7461
>
> It is found that Umbraco is also vulnerable to Persistent XSS in content
> type editor.
>
> name field of the media page, the developer data edit page,
> and the form page.

Use CVE-2015-8815. The MITRE CVE team did not separately assess
whether each of these pages is exploitable in a way that crosses a
privilege boundary. The vendor assigned "Category Security" to
U4-7461.

- --
CVE assignment team, MITRE CVE Numbering Authority
M/S M300
202 Burlington Road, Bedford, MA 01730 USA
[ PGP key available through http://cve.mitre.org/cve/request_id.html ]