Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2016 23:00:47 +0100
From: Damien Regad <dregad@...tisbt.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CVE Request: MantisBT SOAP API can be used to disclose confidential
 settings

Greetings,

Please assign a CVE ID for the following issue.

Until now, MantisBT sensitive config options were blacklisted to prevent
their access via SOAP API (see config_is_private() function).

When a new config is added or an existing one is renamed, the black list
must be updated accordingly. If this is not or incorrectly done, the
config becomes available via SOAP API.

This was the case with the MantisBT master cryptographic salt
(crypto_master_salt): it was incorrectly spelt.

To fix the problem as well as avoid future occurences, we are switching
to a whitelist approach, i.e. listing all configs that *can* be accessed
via SOAP.

Any MantisBT installation with SOAP API enabled should be patched, and
immediately generate a new salt.

Affected versions:
 >= 1.3.0-beta.1

Fixed in versions:
1.3.0 (not yet released), possibly 1.3.0-rc.2 if we decide we need
another release candidate before that.

Patch:
See Github [1]

Credits:
The issue was discovered by Paul Richards [2] and fixed by Roland Becker
(MantisBT Developer).