Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 10:37:52 -0700
From: Kurt Seifried <kseifried@...hat.com>
To: oss-security <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Announcing https://github.com/RedHatProductSecurity/Certificates-Shipped/

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 10:07 AM, Hanno Böck <hanno@...eck.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Nov 2015 21:38:35 -0700
> Kurt Seifried <kseifried@...hat.com> wrote:
>
> > https://github.com/RedHatProductSecurity/Certificates-Shipped/
> >
> > The idea is to create a comprehensive list of shipped certs/keys/etc
> > by open source vendors/distributions/projects so that:
>
> That's good, but in this case why limit to open source vendors?

Because this is the Open Source Security mailing list, and I work for a
company (Red Hat) that does Open Source and because I have no interest in
the hassles of dealing with proprietary software (legal
threats/licensing/DMCA/etc.).

If you would like to work with proprietary vendors on such an effort I
welcome you to try, you can easily setup a project on GitHUB and move ahead
without any need to coordinate with the Open Source effort.

> Actually the MS certs are probably the most interesting for
> superfish/edell-like scenarios. And I see no reason why they shouldn't
> be transparent.

Talk to Microsoft then, OSS-Security is not the forum for dealing with this
Microsoft related issue.

> --
> Hanno Böck
> http://hboeck.de/
>
> mail/jabber: hanno@...eck.de
> GPG: BBB51E42

PGP A90B F995 7350 148F 66BF 7554 160D 4553 5E26 7993
Red Hat Product Security contact: secalert@...hat.com