Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 15:19:12 +0200
From: Olaf Kirch <okir@...e.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Steve Dickson <SteveD@...hat.com>,
 Marcus Meissner <meissner@...e.de>
Subject: Re: Re: CVE Request: remote triggerable use-after-free in rpcbind

Hi Steve,

On Thursday 17 September 2015 22:12:29 Steve Dickson wrote:
> In Olaf's patch there is a call to __rpc_set_netbuf() which is
> not visible in the upstream libtirpc lib... Did  Olaf roll his own
>  or changed libtirpc to make it visible?

Originally, I was going to use the one from libtirpc. But then I
reconsidered because it's too ugly, and inlined a copy of it. See the
attached patch which I submitted to SLES.

Regards,
Olaf
--
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a
fool than to open it and remove all doubt.     -- Mark Twain