Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 19:11:03 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Moritz Jodeit <moritz@...efrostsecurity.de>
Subject: Re: CVE request - OpenSSH 6.9 PAM privilege separation vulnerabilities

Damien, Moritz -

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 08:40:38PM +0200, Moritz Jodeit wrote:
> could you please assign two CVE IDs for the following two security
> issues fixed in OpenSSH 7.0 (directly taken from the release notes [1]):
>
>  * sshd(8): Portable OpenSSH only: Fixed a privilege separation
>    weakness related to PAM support. Attackers who could successfully
>    compromise the pre-authentication process for remote code
>    execution and who had valid credentials on the host could
>    impersonate other users.  Reported by Moritz Jodeit.
>
>  * sshd(8): Portable OpenSSH only: Fixed a use-after-free bug
>    related to PAM support that was reachable by attackers who could
>    compromise the pre-authentication process for remote code
>    execution. Also reported by Moritz Jodeit.
>
> [1] http://www.openssh.com/txt/release-7.0

Far more important than having CVEs would be to know when (in what
version) these bugs were introduced, with what commits, and what commits
fix them.  For checking derived versions, and for backports.

Would you share this info, please?

(I guess I could find it myself, but I think it's preferable to have it
posted to oss-security anyway, so I prefer to ask you.)

Thanks,

Alexander