Date: Tue,  4 Aug 2015 14:42:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: cve-assign@...re.org
To: henri@...v.fi
Cc: cve-assign@...re.org, oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE request: WordPress 4.2.3 and earlier multiple vulnerabilities

> Can I get CVE for WordPress 4.2.3 and earlier multiple vulnerabilities

> https://codex.wordpress.org/Version_4.2.4 says:
>
> "WordPress 4.2.4 fixes three cross-site scripting vulnerabilities and a
> potential SQL injection that could be used to compromise a site
> (CVE-2015-2213)."

The correct parsing of that sentence is like:

  WordPress 4.2.4 fixes three cross-site scripting vulnerabilities and
  [a potential SQL injection that could be used to compromise a site
  (CVE-2015-2213)]

not like:

  [WordPress 4.2.4 fixes three cross-site scripting vulnerabilities and
  a potential SQL injection that could be used to compromise a site]
  (CVE-2015-2213)

See below for the set of 6 CVE IDs that correspond to the currently
available information.

> https://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/33555
> https://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/33556
> "Comments: IDs are integers"

Use CVE-2015-2213 only for this SQL injection issue.

> https://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/33535
> https://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/33536
> "Customizer: Use hash_equals() for widgets" aka "a fix for a
> potential timing side-channel attack"

Use CVE-2015-5730.

> https://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/33542
> https://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/33543
> "Heartbeat: Ensure post locks are released" aka "prevents an attacker
> from locking a post from being edited"

Use CVE-2015-5731.

> cross-site scripting vulnerabilities

> https://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/33529
> "Nav menus: Consistent titles in widgets"

Use CVE-2015-5732.

> https://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/33540
> https://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/33541
> "Nav menus: Adjust redundant titles in accessibility helpers"

Use CVE-2015-5733.

> https://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/33549
> "Themes: Fix some broken links in the legacy theme preview."

Use CVE-2015-5734.

- --
CVE assignment team, MITRE CVE Numbering Authority
M/S M300
202 Burlington Road, Bedford, MA 01730 USA
[ PGP key available through http://cve.mitre.org/cve/request_id.html ]