Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 11:04:04 -0700
From: Seth Arnold <seth.arnold@...onical.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: Question about world readable config files
 and commented warnings

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 10:32:56AM -0600, Kurt Seifried wrote:
> Ok, so does a situation where the author creates the config file with
> that warning, and then a vendor repackages and ships it, still world
> readable, still with the warning, warrant a CVE?

Did the vendor also fill in a password? If so, that's worth a CVE to me.
If not, then it's still on the end user to decide if the hypothetical
database needs a password, and if so, if the configuration file needs to
be closed down to protect the password.

Thanks

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (474 bytes)