Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 15:18:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...re.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
cc: cve-assign@...re.org
Subject: cve-assign delays

We recognize that some requesters have experienced delays, and
sometimes lengthy delays, in getting CVE IDs assigned. We apologize
for those delays.

The number of cve-assign requests has been growing dramatically, as
has the number of unique and new requesters. Our goal is always to
provide reasonable response times, and we were caught by the spike in
requests.

We are working to improve our responsiveness through a combination of
process changes, improved communications, and staffing shifts.

We appreciate your understanding and expect that you will see positive
changes in the cve-assign response times over the coming weeks.

Best regards,
Steve Christey Coley