Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 10:36:54 -0500
From: Tristan Cacqueray <tristan.cacqueray@...vance.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CVE request for vulnerability in OpenStack Glance

A vulnerability was discovered in OpenStack (see below). In order to
ensure full traceability, we need a CVE number assigned that we can
attach to further notifications. This issue is already public, although an
advisory was not sent yet.

Title: Glance import task leaks image in backend
Reporter: Abhishek Kekane (NTT)
Products: Glance
Affects: 2014.2 versions through 2014.2.2

Abhishek Kekane from NTT reported a vulnerability in the Glance import task.
By creating numerous images using the task API and deleting them, an
authenticated attacker may accumulate untracked image data in the backend
resulting in potential resource exhaustion and denial of service. All glance
setups using API v2 are affected.